Your HVAC system is made up of complex equipment that requires adequate maintenance to ensure its longevity. This is critical for keeping you and your family comfortable all year round. As a guide, here your local AC maintenance company shares certain factors you should keep in mind to make this happen.
Throughout the Year
- Landscaping. Always keep the area around the outside unit clean and free of debris. Remember to trim shrubs or other plants back
from your equipment at least three feet.
- Inspections. Check-ups and assessments should always be prioritized. These must be done by reliable technicians who can quickly inform you of any issues that need to be addressed.
- Change the air filters. Replace the air filters in your HVAC equipment at least once every three months to promote proper airflow. This will also allow you to save money by avoiding costly AC repairs or even replacements.
- Thermostat. Adjusting your thermostat will allow your HVAC system to continue operating as temperatures change. Keep in mind that if your thermostat begins to register false readings, it may need an immediate replacement. Test the readings with a portable indoor thermometer to ensure accuracy.
Fall and Winter
- Heating system maintenance. Call your technician for a professional assessment of the electrical connections, exhaust outlets, fuel lines, and other necessary components in the fall.
- Ice. Dust off the snow that accumulates on your outdoor HVAC equipment. If sheets or blocks of ice form on them, immediately call your air conditioning company.
Spring and summer
- Inspecting the refrigerant lines. Look for the two copper lines in the AC condenser and identify the more extensive one. During the warmer months, the line will feel cold or condense if there’s a sufficient level of refrigerant. Call a professional right away if there’s no condensate. Low refrigerant levels are one of the top causes of system failure.
Do you need an emergency AC replacement? Cool Zone Air Conditioning & Heating are always ready to provide HVAC service 24/7, with all our trucks fully stocked with parts to ensure we can attend to your needs as quickly as possible.
To learn more about what Cool Zone Air Conditioning & Heating can do for your home or business, just give us a call at (623) 777-3881. You can also request an appointment with one of our HVAC experts by filling out our online form. Get in touch with us today!