The warning signs of a failing commercial HVAC system are fairly obvious. Loud noises, insufficient airflow, warm air blowing out of the vents when it’s supposed to be cool, and higher energy costs–these are just a few of them. Eventually, you’ll need a replacement, which will allow you to choose an HVAC unit that may suit your commercial property better.
For instance, have you ever considered an RTU (roof-top unit)? This is exactly what it sounds like–an HVAC unit installed on your rooftop that comes in a single package. To provide a clearer idea of what you might be investing in, Cool Zone Air Conditioning & Heating, a premier residential AC maintenance, and commercial HVAC expert, discusses some of its advantages and drawbacks below.
But first, a Closer Look at RTUs
Having HVAC units installed on the roof isn’t anything new. However, RTUs have a slight but significant difference–they come in a single package. They’re quite unlike standard HVAC systems, which typically have separate components. They combine the evaporator and condenser coil, compressor, heat source, and fan. Using ductwork and a series of registers, an RTU will distribute hot or cold air throughout the rooms on your commercial property.
Why You Should Consider an RTU
Getting a newer, better system via AC replacement is incredibly exciting for many homeowners. The same can be true for property managers, who’ll find that an RTU is well worth the investment once they read up on its benefits. For instance:
- RTUs are energy efficient. All the components of an RTU are produced in the factory in an optimized way. This allows the unit to work more efficiently and consume less energy. You may notice a significant dip in energy costs if you have an RTU installed on your building.
- They ensure fast, worry-free installation. Since an RTU is produced with all the crucial components fitted into a single package (most of them pre-installed), its installation is much simpler than that of a traditional HVAC system. This doesn’t mean, however, that property managers should try to DIY the work. As with a residential AC replacement, RTU installation is best left to a trusted local HVAC technician.
- RTUs save space. In smaller buildings where the available space on the rooftop has to be maximized to serve other purposes, an RTU can be especially handy. All of its components fit into a self-contained cabinet, and it’s this compact design that makes it a great space-saver.
- Their repair and maintenance are easier. There’s a lot to like about the convenient design of RTUs. In addition to saving rooftop space and ensuring faster installation, it’s also beneficial for repair and maintenance services. Every important component is found in one place, which makes identifying and dealing with problems much easier.
Why You Should Think About It More
Roof-top units offer a host of excellent benefits, but they also have some downsides. The location, while convenient, also means they’ll be more exposed to harsh elements. Heavy rainfall, blistering sunlight, high winds, and wind-blown debris all have the potential to cause damage to your RTU. There are even cases where birds and rodents have found their way inside the HVAC unit, damaging its components and compromising performance. These are drawbacks to be sure, but there’s an easy and effective way to mitigate them–you just need to schedule regular HVAC inspections with a local HVAC technician to keep tabs on the unit’s condition. This will help identify any developing problems so they can be dealt with quickly.
What to Expect from Cool Zone Air Conditioning & Heating
Property managers want to invest in an RTU that can provide exceptional, long-lasting performance, but the highest-quality commercial HVAC units are only as good as their installer. To ensure you can get the most from your investment, choose a reliable HVAC company like Cool Zone Air Conditioning & Heating for the job. We don’t just specialize in residential AC repair–you can also count on us to handle your commercial HVAC needs. Here’s why we remain one of the leading HVAC companies in and around Phoenix, AZ:
- We’re fully qualified to perform local HVAC work. Cool Zone Air Conditioning & Heating has the necessary licensing, bonding, and insurance to ensure greater protection for our clients. Our proximity to you also allows us to provide a prompt response in the event of an HVAC emergency. All you need to do is place a call, and our skilled technicians will be there on the double.
- Your commercial HVAC project will always be given our full attention. As a family-owned and -operated HVAC company, Cool Zone Air Conditioning & Heating aims to provide you with an experience that’s both professional and personable. Whether you need residential AC maintenance or commercial HVAC replacement, we have you covered. This commitment to full customer satisfaction has allowed us to build positive, lasting relationships with the communities we serve.
- We have the skills and experience. Cool Zone Air Conditioning & Heating wouldn’t have lasted this long if we weren’t exemplary at our job. Since 2006, we’ve provided Peoria, AZ, homeowners and commercial property managers with top-tier solutions to their HVAC issues. Our technicians are NATE- (North American Technician Excellence) certified, meaning they can complete every HVAC project to your complete satisfaction. No shortcuts, no callbacks–just superior workmanship backed by extensive training and more than a decade of experience. How reliable are we? We currently maintain an A+ Rating with the Better Business Bureau®.
- You’ll be working with a certified HVAC company. We want to give you access to the best and latest technology. That’s why Cool Zone Air Conditioning & Heating is a Carrier Factory-Authorized Dealer. Our exceptional options from this top brand make it easy for us to match you with the RTU that perfectly suits your building’s comfort needs.
Schedule Your HVAC Consultation Today
In addition to residential AC repair and maintenance, Cool Zone Air Conditioning & Heating can also manage your commercial HVAC installation. With our high-quality packaged rooftop units from trusted industry names, we’ll make sure your building remains comfortable and energy-efficient, no matter the season. Call us today at (623) 777-3881 or fill out this contact form to schedule your HVAC evaluation. We proudly serve Peoria, AZ, and the surrounding areas, and we look forward to hearing from you!